03 January 2011

My Weekend: 12/31-1/2


5. Work: I worked a total of 22 hours this weekend!
Pulling two doubles on Friday and Saturday and then a shift on Sunday Night.
Friday Night (New Years Eve): CRAZY! There was no room to move. People were dancing, singing, drinking and throwing plates everywhere. It was a very hectic and stressful work environment, but, I made decent money!
Saturday Night (New Years): A great band played, called Jarana. They were a latin fusion band. Amazing. A little more subdued then the night before, but, still very busy! I made about half what I made the night before.
Sunday Night: Much calmer and relaxing. Everyone tipped well, and I was glad to out with a bang with my last Sunday Night permanent shift!

4. Shopping: I bought these two things I needed. And I spent less then two dollars out of my own pocket. I'm glad I saved my Barnes and Noble Gift Card from my birthday!
A weekly pocket Moleskine planner 50% + 10% (member discount) off! Only 4.98
And new notebooks (kraft color) for my daily journaling!

3. Sermon
Priorities For a New Season 2011
The People BusinessJesus was in the People Business
-John 13 Serving People
-Matthew 4:19 "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men"
WHEN WE ARE IN THE PEOPLE BUSINESS:
-We will PRAY differently
  -We will WORK differently (Harvest mindset)
  -We will GIVE differently
  -We will SERVE differently
Kingdom Priority - Seek ye first...
-2 Peter 3:12
-1 Corinthians 9:25
3 Commitments for 2011
Matthew 28:19-20

1. Get with People who need Jesus
2. Influence People in the right way -Be an example
3. Turn People into disciples of Christ
2. Cough: I've been sick over the past week. I'm feeling much better, besides this cough I've developed. This cough, keeps me up at night and makes my throat soar. It's not as bad during the day (of course not), but as soon as my head hits the pillow I turn into hacking queen (tmi?).

1. H.E.M.P: A band I saw this weekend! 
My friend, Christina, kept telling me about a mutual friends band, so I thought I'd check it out. And lo and behold, when I walk in, my brother is on stage playing the djembe! Also, one of his good friends is the lead guitarist! They rocked the house. It was awesome to say the least. Great sound, wonderful friends, amazing times.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! you worked a TON of hours this weekend! i bet that place was crazy on NY Eve! i can only imagine =)

    And i'm SO glad to hear that someone else uses a paper planner! i thought everyone uses their techy gadgets, but i love the 'ol pocket planners. and moleskin... nice.

    hope you have a great week and get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, i gotta figure out how to leave comments as myself, not the women's blog. temporary snafoo.

    ReplyDelete