08 October 2013

{Day 7} Discovery in Contentment and Simplicity


Today we're going to talk about disappointment! I've had a lot of it recently. I'm not sure if I was cranky today due to my "diet" or just the fact that it's been hard recently.

Life has been hard for the past few years and I don't know if it's because I'm an adult now, or because it' s a season. But this season has been a long one of waiting.

discovery 

Miriam Webster defines discovery as: 
the act of finding or learning something for the first time : the act of discovering something. 

I've discovered I've been quite lonely and not having a close friend near by has started to ware me down.

I've discovered that I'm exhausted from getting my hopes dashed over again.

I've discovered I need more Jesus.

contentment

Miriam Webster defines contentment as:
the state of being happy and satisfied : the state of being content.

I've found I'm truly content when I've spent time with Jesus.

I've found that my satisfaction only comes when knowing Him more.

simplicity
Miriam Webster defines simplicity as:
the quality of being understand or use : something that is simple or ordinary but enjoyable

I've uncovered that spending time with Him can be simple and not stressful. 

I've uncovered that my life is more stressful without Him.

The whole point of this series is to get to the root of my discontentment and complex life. I've put off writing this post because I didn't want to come off as a "Debby Downer." But, life has it's ups and down.

I can't live in an ongoing circle of unmet expectations. I tend to let them control my thoughts, actions, and in turn, my life.

Steps to recovery:

1. Evaluate what is taking precedent in my life, and put Him in the center.
2. Make sure my life is daily filled with prayer.
3. Find a good church famiily.
4. Get more in-depth with the word.
5. Commit to 30 days of at least 15 mins of quiet time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment