11 April 2013

Goals for the Next 6 Months Part 2

This is the second post of a 2-part series.
Check out the first part here:

Yesterday we talked about the mountains I will be climbing. I covered weight and my blog. Let's see where today brings us.

Mountain #3: Stuff (yes I labeled it stuff).
  1. I have accumulated so much crap. That’s the best way to put it. I’ve gone through 75% of my room cleaning out all the junk. 
    1. Things are sitting in boxes in my closet. I’m planning on having a garage sale this summer. Then I can save money and get rid of all my wonderful “treasures” I no longer need.
    2. This makes it easier to “breathe” in my room. Slowly my items were suffocating me. I will expand on this later.
  2. Goal – Junk completely gone by SEPTEMBER.
Mountain #4: Sewing
  1. There is no reason why I shouldn’t be sewing. I have everything to do it! The only thing getting in the way is my apathy.
    1. I will be creating a list of things I’d like to make with the materials I have and work at it.
    2. With junk cleared out, I will have more space to work and create.
  2. Goal – Have at least 3 garments made by SEPTEMBER.
Mountain #5: Guitar
  1. God called me to play guitar when I was in Cambodia. I made many excuses when I was back in the states:
    1. I don’t have an acoustic, no time
    2. Well, now I have one and the time!
  2. Goal – Be able to play in front of an audience by SEPTEMBER

All of these mountains I’ve been battling for years. Ignoring the massiveness of them all. Pretending they don’t exist, or ignoring the fact that I have “problems.”

Kicking apathy one mountain at a time! What are some mountains you need to climb? I’d love to hear from you, let’s encourage each other!

Lyric - Nothing I Hold Onto // United Pursuit

No comments:

Post a Comment