18 November 2009

Weigh-in Wednesday

I'm chuckling to myself about my weird fascination with alliterations. Wednesdays will probably be my hardest day because I am allowing myself to be vulnerable and honest. But, if I can't talk about my successes and failures, I'm lying to myself.


Spiritually: I am doing quite well spiritually. I am enjoying my quiet moments with the Lord. I am so excited for my calling and am trying to incorporate that in my current position. I feel my spiritual growth has doubled or even tripled in such a short period of time.


Physically: Everything's great... moving on.
I wish I could tell you I've been as diligent with my exercise as I have been seeking God. I just started working out again and really need to get on the ball. Sometimes, I feel like it's ok to not workout and be a little more on the heavy side, but I realize that my body is a temple of God and how I treat my body is how I'm treating God. When I think of it that way, I better start putting things that are healthy ie, fruits, veggies, whole grains, and shy away from the "fatty" foods ie, ice cream, cookies, soda, french fries. I also need to push my self when I workout, not kill myself, just make sure I'm breaking a sweat. My goal is to be around 135 and I have quite a lot of weight to lose. But, I am confident that I can exceed my goal. The other goal I have is to run a marathon. 30 lbs to my goal! I have been drinking around 48-64oz of water a day, but the hardest thing for me is to sleep through the night. Last night was the first time I slept through the night in a long time. Today I feel rested and ready for the day which is awesome! Thank you God, for answering prayers!

Emotionally: These past few weeks my emotions seem to be all over the place. One minute, I'm happy the next minute I'm so angry. I blame it on my lack of sleep, but I still need to have control of my emotions. So, yesterday I took a deep breath and tried not to be as sensitive as I have been. I even faked excitement instead of treating people like there accomplishments don't matter.


Mentally: I took the practice GRE last Saturday, and let's just say that my scores were less than desirable. So, I'm starting from the beginning. I'm taking an open online Algebra course. It isn't for credit, but it has lessons, tests, and assignments, the best part though, it's free! I'm also doing a government course by the same website. I was able to find the books via interlibrary loan, one of the perks of working at NWU. I'm also educating myself on money: budgeting, saving, spending.

Wow, that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! I'm excited for all the things that are developing my life!
God Bless,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! Inspiring to read how you're gettin' it all in order at once! =)

    ReplyDelete