09 October 2013

{Day 9} Discovery in Contentment and Simplicity


Can I say, I've been impressed with myself for keeping up with this. Yesterday was hectic and scattered. Just plain busy. I honestly forgot.

Today we're talking about sleep.

Since changing my diet to PALEO WHOLE 30, I've had so much more energy and my head hasn't been in a fog, with that said, I'm still having an awful time staying asleep.

I love my sleep. But, my body must not.

discovery 

Miriam Webster defines discovery as: 
the act of finding or learning something for the first time : the act of discovering something. 

I've discovered my immunity system is really fighting me, even though I've drastically changed my diet.

I've discovered that I'm not necessarily tired, but sleepy.

I've discovered I'm going to crash and burn if I don't change my sleeping habits/patterns.

contentment

Miriam Webster defines contentment as:
the state of being happy and satisfied : the state of being content.

I've found I'm not happy with how I've been sleeping.

I've found that my lack of sleep has caused my attention to diminish and I'm not satisfied with my overall endurance at work.

simplicity
Miriam Webster defines simplicity as:
the quality of being understand or use : something that is simple or ordinary but enjoyable

I've uncovered that getting sleep needs to be a priority.

I've uncovered that my life is complicated when my brain is foggy from lack of sleep.

I've discovered my sleeping is limited because my overall satisfaction of life is diminished by complicating my schedule.

Steps to Recovery:
1. I need to only sleep in bed.
2. I need 7-8 hours of sleep, that calculates I should be in bed by 8:30 - 9:30.
3. Make sure I'm ready to go on Sunday nights as apposed to right before bed.
4. Put a note pad by my night stand so I can write down what's on my mind.
5. Frequently journal to purge my thoughts.
6. No screen time before bed time!

Any tips! I severely need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment