05 July 2012

Why Quitting Isn't an Option

I've tried to lose weight. I've even shared a bit on my blog, but after a few minor hiccups I get back into the rut of self-doubt.

But, I can't quit. Being overweight runs in my family. Diabetes runs in my family. Heart disease runs in my family. Get the picture? Yeah, me too. I'm about to leave home for 6 months and I don't want to leave here feeling defeated.

Here's my cry, my plea to myself. Enough is enough. I'm letting go of fear, self-doubt and the pity party that has clung on to me (or should I say, I have clung onto it) for dear life!

This weekend will be filled with researching and planning. Next week I plan to do a juice fast, and the week after that I'm ready to dive head first into a new and better lifestyle!

I can't do this on my own. Encouragement is wanted. If you have tips or words of hope, please share!

1 comment:

  1. Ren, you only get one life so go for it! Be encouraged and God will navigate your journey to the best you that you can be! I can really relate and I too am making the same decision to reclaim a better and healthier lifestyle....exciting, scary, and enlightening all at the same time!

    Aisha

    ReplyDelete