28 May 2009

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.” Psalm 40:1 (NIV)

I love this verse because it reminds me that God hears our cries and our desires. He is always there. It’s up to me to believe that He will answer my prayers. In James 5, the second half talks about of the prayer of Faith. Basically if we back our prayers with faith, God feels the sincerity of our hearts.

I don’t like waiting. I never have. Right now, I am waiting to hear whether I made it into the Americorps Vista program. I’m not exactly sure when I will find out, but until then, I need to trust God that He has everything under control. If I don’t get in, I won’t be discouraged; I will just be looking for another job. The problem is that I am only planning on working in Lincoln for a year, and then I will be off for Graduate school. This coming year is a haze; I’m not use to that, because I have always had school to look forward too. But now I’m done at least for now.

I’m sitting. What do I mean by sitting? I mean I’m sitting instead of worrying about what is next. I’m listening for God and what he has to say.

I’m waiting. I’m not going to be frantically running things in my head, but just patiently wait for the outcome of my situation.

I’m wishing. I can wish, ok I’m going to change that word to pray. I’m praying for God’s Will to be revealed whatever the outcome is.

As I sit, wait, and pray, I am thankful for everything God has provided for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment