10 September 2013

Why I'm Overloaded and What I Need To Do About It

Yeesh! That was a long title. It sums up my life. I've not prioritized this blog, thus, this blog has fallen by the wayside yet again. But, I can't apologize. Not this time.

I promised to do another book review, which the book has been read, I just haven't "gotten around" to writing the post. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't want to write anything right now.

My sister said she missed my posts. I miss writing, but I've learned as I read a new book "It Starts With Food", my food choices are making my cycle of barely sleeping, waking up groggy, going through the day grouchy, and passing out only to have a fitful night sleep is starting to take a toll on my body.

I've gained weight like nobody's business. I'm ignoring the budget -- And I dread opening up my laptop unless it's Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Gap.com. I'm obsessed with their cords. Of course the 40% ends tonight. But, I don't feel I can spend anymore money on clothes until I start eating better. Why reward yourself for bad behavior?

I've been sort of involving myself with Ali Edwards #aweekinthelife. It's basically a time to document your entire week. I do well except for the pictures part, since it's not a good idea to take pics of work and share them on social media.

There have been three constants in my life outside of work: devotions with #shereadstruth, listing with #30lists (this is the farthest I've gotten), and my daily Starbucks run!

Now Starbucks is a hard subject to talk about. I love it, even though those frou frou drinks are slowly killing me. Really, they are. I promise! But, somehow I reward myself for bad behavior with bad behavior... It's a vicious cycle.

My MANDATORY todo list is falling by the wayside. In order to change, I must be willing to change. And, I'm going to honestly blame it with my diet. In a couple weeks I'm starting the #Whole30 Paleo Diet (eating habits are changing not dieting!), this is from the book I mentioned earlier. I betcha almost everything starts with food.

It's 9:36 pm and way past my bed time and I still have to layout clothes for tomorrow! Have a blessed Wednesday! (HUMP DAY!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady. First of all, GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! I learned a long time ago that there's no need to apologize for a blogging break. Just pick up where you left off, explain if you feel it necessary, but don't apologize. Blogs are about life and life gets hectic. Secondly, I'm getting pretty good at coming up with simple lunches for myself since Paul's gone back to school, so let me know if you're in the market for recipes! Good luck, and love yourself a bit, even if you don't feel like it!

    ReplyDelete